Merrill Y. Landis, Ltd is a family-owned and operated Custom Window Treatment Workroom and Products Distributor to the trade. We are searching for a full-time Human Resources Generalist who is willing to learn and grow with the company.
We are searching for a full-time Human Resources Generalist who is willing to learn and grow with the company. The HR Generalist will accurately process our bi-weekly payroll and oversee all human
resource responsibilities. Duties include, all aspects of the payroll function, (including time and attendance) benefits plans administration, workers’ compensation reporting and management, new hire orientations, recruiting, maintain the employee handbook, and act as a subject matter expert on all aspects of the organization policy and procedures.
• Ensure the accurate and timely processing of bi-weekly payroll, utilizing vendor-provided software (Payday).
• Verify all timekeeping reports (timesheets, time off requests) are properly inputted into payroll system.
• Maintain employee payroll data in the system, including new hires, terminations, tax changes, benefit deductions, direct deposits, employee status changes, etc.
• Maintains accurate spreadsheets of employee attendance and paid time off (PTO) accruals and usage ensuring proper policies are followed.
• Counsels, orients, and trains managers and supervisors on the interpretation and administration of Human Resources policies. Administers Human Resources policies and procedures as they pertain to all employees.
• Manages workers' compensation and sits on and oversees the safety committee.
• Ensure all benefit vendor invoices are processed for payment accurately and timely.
• Handles the onboarding and offboarding.
• Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to maintain efficient and effective services.
• Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
• Other General and Bookkeeping duties as needed.
• Ad hoc reporting as needed.
Qualified applicants must have:
• Proficient understanding of MS Office (Excel, Outlook, and ACESS a plus).
• Prior experience in a manufacturing or decorating industry (a plus)
• Able to work independently.
• Attention to detail.
• Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance.
• 1-3 years of progressive Payroll/Human Resources experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
• Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• SHRM certification and/or human resource, business administration, or similar coursework is also a plus.
We offer excellent benefits, including Medical, Life, EAP, PTO, incentive bonus, and more. Excellent
opportunity for someone looking to take on more responsibility and ultimately lead the HR function.
Please send resume (including salary requirements) to email@example.com.